- With so many different types of laptops out there, one of the first steps in narrowing down your choices is by selecting the best brand.
- You need a brand that offers quality, reliability, decent performance and complete value for money.
- We’ve compared the world’s leading laptop manufacturers, checked all their reliability ratings and conducted our own surveys to list the world’s top ten laptop brands.
10 Best Laptop Brands In The World
How We Tested? We spend a lot of time researching modern hardware here at Electrons. We’ve resolutely determined our ratings on the basis of design, innovation, display, audio, configuration, build quality, repairability, tech support and most importantly, reviews from consumers. Our impartial reviews tell you the truth about how the brands perform.
Apple is an American multinational company that designs and manufactures personal computers, mobile devices and portable digital music players. It sells a range of related software, services, accessories, networking solutions and third-party digital content and applications.
- The undisputed king of laptop brands for years and counting, Apple retains the No. 1 spot this year too.
- If there’s one thing that nearly everyone agrees on, it’s that Apple laptops are very reliable and top notch.
- Popular Line: MacBook. Known for its beautiful design, excellent build quality, stunning display, improved keyboard, long battery life and clear audio.
- Customer support can make or break someone’s experience, and no one does it better with laptops than Apple.
- The biggest downside to Apple laptops is the lack of ports on newer machines.
- Although somewhat overpriced, the experience you get after owning a MacBook is unparalleled.
- As they popularly say – Once you go Mac, you’ll never go back.
Dell is an American technology company that designs, develops, and manufactures personal computers and a variety of computer-related products and services. The company has set high standards in the laptop marketplace.
- Dell is currently the number two laptop brand in the world for a reason.
- Their laptops look great, offer decent internal hardware and have heaps of style.
- The high-end Dell laptops are made with premium materials, sport top-quality screen, solid battery life and are light.
- Popular Lines: XPS, Inspiron, Alienware. Vast range of models for every budget. The brand has consistently earned solid customer reviews.
- When it comes to repairability, Dell laptops score pretty well.
- Dell also has a broad infrastructure, which gives them a lot of customer care and warranty options.
- One complaint about Dell is that their mid and low-tier laptops can be pretty lackluster.
- Dell continues to push the envelope with modern ideas and innovations.
ASUS is a is a Taiwan-based, multinational company known for the world’s best motherboards, personal computers, mobile phones, monitors, graphics cards, routers and other high-quality technology solutions. ASUS leads the industry through cutting-edge innovation and design.
- ASUS is popular for its affordable yet high-performance laptops. The reason behind that is their in-house manufacturing of motherboards.
- It offers some of the most visually striking and uniquely designed laptops available in the market.
- Popular Lines: VivoBook, ZenBook, ROG. They have a huge lineup of computers from budget notebooks to high-end gaming beasts.
- Asus laptops offer some amazing specs. They are slim, light and portable but still pack plenty of power.
- The customer support is lackluster. Fortunately, you’ll rarely need to reach out to them.
- The brand has gained massive respect from computer experts as well as geeks. They are gradually rising to the top in the brand rankings.
- If you are looking for a value-for-money laptop, Asus is the way to go.
Lenovo is a Chinese multinational company that designs, develops, manufactures, and sells personal computers, tablets, smartphones, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices, IT management software, and smart televisions. Today, it is one of the world’s leading personal technology companies.
- Lenovo takes fourth place again this year, on the strength of the company’s fantastic product lineup.
- Popular Line: ThinkPad. The ThinkPads are typically robust laptops with solid specs, sturdy design, fast performance and excellent battery life.
- Lenovo laptops have earned the most Editor’s choice awards across the globe this year.
- Lenovo has a wide range of models to suit most budgets and styles of working. They have better quality in the low-end laptops.
- Lenovo’s tech support scores have gently declined from last year.
- Just get the right Lenovo laptop model, and you’ll live happily ever after.
Hewlett-Packard is an American manufacturer that provides a broad variety of hardware components as well as software. Major product lines include personal computing devices, enterprise and industry standard servers, related storage devices, networking products, software and a diverse range of printers and other imaging products.
- HP is a stalwart of personal computing. It is one of the oldest electronics brands in the market.
- Popular Lines: Spectre, Envy. The current crop of laptops is fast, powerful, easier to use and bear a brilliant design.
- The build quality is truly commendable. Even the low-end devices from HP typically have higher build quality.
- HP has earned a reputation for steadfast laptops with competent customer services.
- The huge range of laptops it offers means that there is an HP for everyone out there.
- HP laptops may not always steal the show, but its lineup of hardware is stronger today than it’s ever been.
Acer is a Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation, specializing in advanced electronics technology. Its products include desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, servers, storage devices, virtual reality devices, displays, smartphones and peripherals.
- Sitting in the middle of the pack at number six, Acer continues to win us over with great value laptops.
- Acer provides excellent value at all prices.
- Popular Line: Aspire. It provides a balanced combination of functionality and style.
- No matter what type of laptop you’re seeking, Acer almost certainly has a unit that can meet your needs.
- Customer support has been in decline. However, they are progressively increasing their service centers across the globe.
- Acer laptops are extremely popular among budget users.
Microsoft is an American multinational technology company. It develops, manufactures and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. It’s best known for Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite and Xbox video game consoles.
- A decade ago no one would have thought that Microsoft would be one of the best laptop brands in the world, but today it has a well-earned spot on this list.
- Microsoft laptops offer a direct alternative to Apple products thanks to the fluid design philosophy that combines the best of laptops and tablets.
- Popular Line: Surface. Thin, slim and beautifully designed laptops with high specs for powerful performance.
- Though the company makes only a handful of expensive laptops, everything it manufactures is pretty darn good.
- Microsoft laptops aren’t the most repairable. Customer service is decent.
- There are many advantages to buying a computer made by a company that also makes its Operating Software.
Razer is an American global gaming hardware manufacturing company. The company has designed and built the world’s largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services. The company’s leadership in product innovation continues to create new categories for the gaming community.
- When it comes to PC gaming, Razer is a name to be reckoned with.
- The company continues to awe us with its sleek, powerful gaming laptops and lightweight Ultrabooks.
- As opposed to other gaming laptops that lean on the bulkier side, Razer has been able to pack plenty of power into extremely slim bodies.
- Popular Line: Blade. Razer sells only limited laptops, but these premium systems offer standout designs, gorgeous screens and excellent performance.
- Razer laptops are typically on the costlier side, and you have to pay a huge price to get one.
- Today, Razer peripherals are among the best products you can get to fill out a gaming setup.
- If you have the dough and love for gaming, this is as good as it gets.
Micro-Star International is a Taiwanese multinational information technology company. Dedicated to gamer-driven innovation, MSI leverages its remarkable R&D strengths to craft top-notch, well-acclaimed notebook PCs, graphics cards, motherboards, and desktop PCs.
- When it comes to the modern battle of gaming laptops, this is definitely a great contender.
- Utilizing the latest processors and graphics, MSI laptops provide the top performance to take your gaming experience to the next level.
- Popular Line: GT Series. Their laptops are aesthetically designed, smart, innovative and highly powerful.
- Tech support absolutely needs improvement.
- MSI has always been willing to take risks and explore various new features, making it one that is associated with the production of unique models.
- Thanks to a high price and the slant toward gaming, MSI laptops may not be for everyone.
- MSI is a brand on the rise and well worth keeping an eye on over the next few years.
Huawei is a popular Chinese multinational company. It is a leading global provider of information and communications technology infrastructure and smart devices. It spends billions of dollars every year on technological research and development.
- Huawei may not be the first name you think of when you imagine laptops, but the company has made significant inroads in recent years.
- Popular Line: Matebook. A beautiful, slim design, along with top-tier specs that should make any laptop user happy.
- Huawei laptops are highly known for being all-purpose laptops and are an excellent choice for daily use.
- When Huawei makes products, they make them practical yet absolutely elite at the same time.
- Huawei is in the process of establishing more customer support centers across different countries.
- The Matebooks have been impressive with winning some top awards and have garnered rave reviews among consumers.
With these rankings, we are sure you will be able to select the best brand of laptop depending on your needs, the purpose and most of all, your budget.
No matter if you are a college student looking for the best budget laptop brand or a professional who wants all top specs, evaluate various key parameters before narrowing down on a particular model.
Most manufacturers create a lot of crappy laptops along with some excellent ones. You have to pay attention to the outliers and get a better picture of your best buying options.
Which is your favorite laptop brand? Do let us know in the comments section below.