- If you ever tried downloading files from file-hosting sites, you know how annoying the process is.
- The download speeds are slower, no resume support, no simultaneous downloading, intentional delays, limited features and advertisements.
- A good download manager like JDownloader or Mipony interacts with the site and cleverly automates all the boring parts for you.
5 Best Download Managers For File Hosting Sites
How We Tested? We carefully evaluated each of the free download managers for speed, functionality, ease of use and performance on our test system running Windows 10. We then obtained data from trusted sources to come up with the top download managers for file hosting sites.
Supports downloads from Mediafire, Turbobit, 4shared, Uploaded, Box, Zippyshare, MEGA, Depositfiles, SendSpace, Openload, Rapidgator, 1fichier, Adrive, Filedropper, Keep2share, Gigasize, Nitroflare, Filerio, Userscloud and hundreds more.
Disclaimer – Most of the file hosting sites actively prohibit usage of third-party software for download. Decide for yourself.
JDownloader lets you quickly and efficiently download files from several file hosting websites. It wins hands down in direct comparison with its competitors.
- It splits a file into a number of chunks and then simultaneously downloads them all to gain a tremendous speed boost.
- JDownloader recognizes nearly every file hosting website present on the Internet.
- It supports both free and premium download methods. Has excellent premium account management for most of the existing hosting services.
- Integrates well with all popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox and more.
- Download streaming videos in 4K, HD or any video quality of choice. Resume broken downloads.
- Can automatically solve certain CAPTCHAs. Has about 300 decrypt plugins for many services.
- LinkGrabber feature monitors the clipboard to instantly detect and download files.
- No more waiting time when you reach your daily download limit. Can get a new IP address for further downloads.
- Several add-ons further expand the operational capabilities of JDownloader.
- JDownloader frequently updates itself in the background. It is relentlessly developed by an active community of developers.
- It is an essential prerequisite to have Java installed on your computer.
- The installer has adware bundled with it. Choose “Custom” during installation and skip the adware.
Mipony download manager is particularly designed to optimize and automate the downloads from one-click file hosting websites.
- Can handle multiple downloads from more than one hosting website at the same time.
- It works with both free and premium file-hosting accounts. One can easily store the login information for premium accounts in the program.
- It supports plugins to solve CAPTCHAs that some file hosting sites display prior to downloading.
- Monitors the Windows clipboard and automatically adds the detected links to the download list.
- Has the ability to pause the downloads and resume it later.
- It also comes with a simple built-in browser.
- It provides a web interface and Android app to control it remotely.
- Mipony updates regularly to keep up with the changes in the file hosting sites. Also, support for new sites is continually added.
- The CAPTCHA solver works with only limited sites.
- Can add more file hosting sites to its catalog.
3. Candisoft Load!
The download manager CandiSoft Load! helps users to swiftly download stuff from a good number of file hosting websites.
- You can download many files at the same time.
- It automates downloads for both free and premium users of file hosting sites.
- Has an in-built intelligent clipboard monitor.
- Easy to use by both beginners and experts.
- It typically comes with a unique proxy support option.
- To avoid long waiting times for free users, the program can reconnect the router and get a new IP-address. (Dynamic IPs only)
- Load! Anti-Captcha feature can solve certain CAPTCHAs for you.
- Lesser number of hosting sites supported.
- Has not been updated for a long time now.
- CAPTCHA solving needs improvement.
4. FreeRapid Downloader
FreeRapid Downloader will make your file sharing site downloads easier to manage. It is reliable and supports several hundreds of file hosters.
- It supports concurrent downloading from multiple file hosting websites.
- It automatically checks for a file’s existence on the server.
- Supports downloading using proxy list.
- Can manage wait times and enter simple CAPTCHAs for you.
- Has auto shutdown options on completing the download.
- Automatic update of the plug-ins that it includes.
- The application is simple and has many customization options.
- You need Java to be installed on your computer.
- CAPTCHA recognition feature must improve.
5. DAPsters Manager Add-on
You have to install the DAPster add-on in Download Accelerator Plus application to easily download files from file sharing websites.
- A web browser is built-in, but it also integrates with all your regular browsers.
- Has the ability to grab audio and video from several popular hosting sites.
- In case of a CAPTCHA, the program will prompt you to type it.
- Resume broken or interrupted downloads easily.
- Link checker makes sure the files you download are valid.
- Comes packed with a powerful built-in media converter.
- Has an extensive range of configuration options.
- Supports limited file hosting websites.
- Can’t solve CAPTCHA on its own.
- Can show annoying ads.
Downloads Made Easy!
When it comes to downloading from file hosting websites, you simply can’t use your regular download manager. They are not built for them.
A dedicated download manager for file hosting sites can efficiently automate and handle the entire download process for you with ease. Try one today!
NOTE: Due to the fact that file hosting sites change their download system every now and then, it is possible that certain errors may occur when trying to download from some websites. These errors will eventually get fixed with upcoming updates to the application.