- A Download Accelerator splits a single file into multiple chunks and then downloads them simultaneously.
- This intelligent parallel downloading technology pushes your existing download speed to its maximum limits.
- Over the years, numerous download accelerators have popped up, but only the Internet Download Accelerator rules the chart.
5 Best Free Windows Download Accelerators
How We Tested? We carefully analyzed each of the free download accelerator software for speed, reliability, ease of use and performance on our test system running Windows 10. We then obtained data from trusted sources to come up with the top download accelerator programs list.
1. EagleGet Download Accelerator
EagleGet is a very powerful download accelerator that enables rapid downloads on your Windows PC.
- Supports all popular browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
- Includes a media grabbing component for downloading audio and video from various sites.
- Resume broken downloads. It automatically updates expired URLs.
- Can schedule multiple download queues with the smart scheduler.
- It can shut down, hibernate or sleep computer after completing all downloads.
- It auto-categorizes the files you download for better management.
- Can even download torrents.
- Tries to install the iNewTab browser extension. Make sure you deselect it if you don’t want it.
- The user interface can get better.
2. Internet Download Accelerator
It is an award-winning download accelerator for Windows that uses intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology to accelerate your downloads by up to 500%.
- It can integrate well with popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Yandex and more.
- Can download streaming video and audio from various sites. Even allows previews.
- It monitors the clipboard and automatically detects downloadable links.
- Resumes broken downloads from where they were left off.
- Automatically categorizes your downloads for easier management.
- Integrated antivirus carefully checks the downloaded files for specific viruses.
- Has advanced download scheduler. You may choose to shut down, sleep or stand-by the PC after the downloads complete.
- Features a floating window which indicates download speed, active downloads and more.
- Built-in optimal settings can work with various Internet connection types at different speeds.
- Frequent requests to upgrade to the paid version.
- Shows ads.
JDownloader is an open-source download accelerator tool that lets you easily download files from various websites on the Internet.
- Can download several files simultaneously using multiple direct connections.
- Integrates well with all popular browsers.
- Download streaming videos in 4K, HD or any video quality of choice.
- Can automatically solve CAPTCHAs if present. Has about 300 decrypt plugins for many services.
- Monitors the clipboard to automatically detect and download files.
- Has the ability to pause and resume downloads.
- Features a remote access option that monitors large downloads while away from your computer.
- You can easily configure the settings to suit your needs.
- The installer has adware bundled with it.
- It is a prerequisite to have Java installed on your computer.
4. Download Accelerator Manager
Is a nifty tool that dynamically segments downloads and significantly increases the speed.
- Works well with all major browsers like Firefox, Edge, Safari and Chrome.
- Can download audio and HD videos from popular sites.
- You can pause and resume downloads.
- Can schedule downloads, auto-sort files and use proxies.
- It can auto shut down, sleep or hibernate after downloads complete.
- Easily usable by both beginners and experts.
- Plenty of configuration options present.
- Is a little old-fashioned to look at.
- Some existing functions need refinement.
5. Download Accelerator Plus
With millions of users worldwide, Download Accelerator Plus is one of the market leaders in download acceleration and management. It makes use of parallel mirror sites to boost the downloads.
- A web browser is built-in, but it also integrates with all your regular browsers.
- Has the ability to grab audio and video from several popular hosting sites. Allows previews as they download.
- Resume broken or interrupted downloads.
- Link checker makes sure the files you download are valid.
- Comes packed with a powerful built-in media converter.
- You can schedule and organize downloads.
- Has an extensive range of configuration options.
- Most of the features are available in the form of add-ons.
- Shows annoying advertisements.
Press The Pedal..
For those of you squeezing modern media through old-fashioned wires, Download Accelerators are very handy to have around.
Note: Using third-party apps to download certain files may be against the terms of service of some hosting websites. It might be a potential copyright infringement. Only download files if you own it, have permission from the copyright holder, or it’s in the public domain.