- The way Windows handles itself is far from perfect. It starts getting a little sluggish and performs poorly as the days pass.
- It may be due to the clutter getting out of control, invalid registry entries, fragmented files, incorrect system settings, or a combination of all these.
- So, we put to the test all the free PC speedup software on the Internet that claims to be the best and deliver noticeably faster PC performance.
5 Best Free Software Tools To Speed Up Windows PC
How We Tested? We evaluated each free PC speed up software for its optimizing capability, features and ease-of-use on our test system running Windows 10. After an elaborate review process, we came up with this top system speedup software list for you to download.
1. iolo System Mechanic
This comprehensive free PC optimization software has been around for a long time now. It provides everything you need to fix system problems and speed up your PC.
- One-click cleanup removes thousands of Windows junk files in minutes.
- You can choose between the essential Quick scan or the thorough Deep scan.
- A dedicated Registry Tuner fixes errors, optimizes and defrags system registry.
- Can delete unnecessary bloatware to speed up your startup times.
- It wipes traces of your browsing activity to protect your privacy.
- Can help fix Windows security vulnerabilities. Optimize Internet connection settings.
- System Mechanic can defragment your hard drive and optimize the memory.
- It’s patented performance technology offers a noticeable performance boost and prevents your system from crashes.
- Many features are only available in the paid version.
- Requires your email address to activate the product.
- Is more suited for regular PC users rather than beginners.
2. Glary Utilities
The reason for the ongoing popularity of Glary Utilities is its extensive collection of system-maintenance tools over most of the other free alternatives.
- The 1-click maintenance lets you run all of the optimization tools at once to speed up performance.
- Scans and cleans up the Windows registry. Removes junk files and recovers disk space.
- Optimizes system memory and manages startup programs with ease.
- Features a Process Manager to monitor malicious programs running on your PC.
- Erases all privacy tracks on Windows to safeguards your personal information.
- Can check for software updates. Also has a built-in uninstaller manager.
- Glary Utilities is designed for both beginners and experienced PC users.
- Tries to install unwanted software. Feel free to skip it during installation.
- The user interface needs a modern overhaul.
3. IObit Advanced SystemCare Free
As an all-in-one PC optimization utility, Advanced SystemCare Free can give your computer a noticeable speed boost.
- 1-click approach to scan, clean, repair and optimize your Windows PC.
- Comes with an enhanced privacy sweep function to wipe traces from installed programs.
- Helps you find and fix problems and vulnerabilities that compromise your PC security.
- Allows you to perform startup optimization by disabling unwanted programs on Windows start.
- Turbo Boost can disable unnecessary processes to free up RAM and boost speed.
- Has a Toolbox loaded with a variety of nifty utilities to help optimize various system operations.
- Includes a Software Updater to help you easily update important applications installed on your PC.
- Many tools listed are shortcuts to separate applications and are not built-in.
- Tries to install unwanted programs. You can decline them during installation.
- Promotes its other products and consists of ads.
4. Ashampoo WinOptimizer
WinOptimizer from Ashampoo is a good PC tune-up utility that offers a comprehensive selection of tools to keep your computer running faster.
- Optimizes your Windows registry for increased stability and performance.
- Easily removes Internet traces and invalid shortcuts.
- Has a dedicated Internet Tuner to improve the Internet connection speed.
- Can shorten start-up times by disabling unwanted programs at the start of Windows.
- You can view and manage running processes. Disable unnecessary system services for better performance.
- Can securely delete files and also recover accidentally deleted files.
- Features an AntiSpy module to configure privacy settings for maximum protection and significantly limit data collection.
- Allows you to manage system restore points comfortably.
- Requires your email address to get a free license key, prior to using the software.
- A few of the included tools come with limitations.
5. Auslogics BoostSpeed Free
BoostSpeed is an impressive suite of tools to improve your system’s overall speed and performance, along with protecting your privacy.
- Runs a complete checkup of your entire system locating junk files and speed-reducing issues.
- Can perform a comprehensive PC cleanup and optimization in the click of a button.
- Carefully removes corrupt keys and invalid entries from the Windows registry.
- Includes privacy tools to eliminate traces of your activity and safeguard your personal data.
- Adjusts Internet connection settings to ensure smooth browsing and faster downloads.
- Can help increase startup and shutdown speed. Performs disk defragmentation to speed up data access.
- Automatic memory and processor management ensures that your active applications get maximum resources.
- The interface looks cramped with lots of information.
- Some features are limited in the free version.
- Attempts to install unwanted third-party software. Skip it by selecting the “Custom” installation option.
No One Loves A Slow PC!
These free system speedup software for Windows are an impressive offering that’s well worth your consideration if you’re starting to experience system slowdown.
If the above software fails in boosting your system performance, perhaps it is time to upgrade your computer. Add more RAM, upgrade the graphic card or migrate to an SSD hard disk.
What are your views about slowing Windows PC? How do you tackle this issue? Let us know your views from the comments below.