- One of the most common problems on Windows PC is the Internet connection not working.
- And there are too many parts of Windows that deal with the Internet and what connects to it.
- So, we put to test all the available Internet Repair tools to make your life a bit easier.
5 Best Free Repair Tools To Fix & Troubleshoot Internet
How We Tested? We evaluated each free Internet Repair software for its repair functionality, features and ease of use on our test system running Windows 10. After a detailed trial and error process, we came up with the top free Internet Repair tools for Windows to download.
Important! Create a System Restore point before you start using any of the following tools so that you can easily undo any fixes, if necessary.
1. Complete Internet Repair
Complete Internet Repair does exactly what it says. It attempts to repair a number of common Internet issues and get you going.
- It can reset the Internet Protocol, repair Winsock and renew the Internet connection.
- Can flush the DNS, reset Windows Firewall back to defaults and restore the default Hosts file.
- It can repair network connectivity issues due to registry errors. Fix browser crashing and proxy server issues.
- The user interface is pretty straightforward. You get a brief description of what each repair does by hovering over the related icon.
- It is portable. You can easily carry it around on a USB flash drive and have it ready when something goes wrong.
- Definitely the best Internet repair software available today!
- Use this tool with caution. At times, it may cause a few problems rather than solving them.
2. NetAdapter Repair All In One
It is a portable tool that allows you to effectively troubleshoot and repair common problems with Windows networking adapters.
- Has a variety of tools and diagnostics that enable you to change various network settings.
- All the features and functions are neatly presented on its interface.
- Advanced Repair option can solve network issues by repairing Winsock and TCP/IP stack. It can clear proxy servers, VPN settings, and reset your firewall.
- You can clear the Hosts file and static IP, flush DNS Cache, and release/renew DHCP address.
- It can configure your computer to use Google DNS or even spoof your MAC address.
- Some functions need administrative privileges to work.
- Beware! Some of these commands make fundamental changes to your network setup, and applying them incorrectly may cause problems.
WinSockFix was designed to correct problems arising from messing up registry entries that control the network connectivity of your computer.
- It removes the corrupt registry entries and replaces them with the proper functional ones.
- Resets the IP stack and replaces the Hosts file with a standard one.
- Has a 1-click registry backup and restore function. It is recommended to make the registry backup before running the tool.
- Uses a low amount of system CPU and memory.
- This Internet repair software has been a part of a lot of people’s USB toolkit for many years.
- Has limited functionality.
- The user interface feels outdated.
4. Connectivity Fixer Free
Connectivity Fixer is a simple Internet troubleshooting software developed for Internet connection repair and monitoring!
- Connectivity Fixer helps you quickly diagnose the problem and perform various fixes.
- Can reset Internet Protocol, fix Winsock, flush DNS Resolver cache and renew Internet connections.
- It can restore the Hosts file and reset Windows Firewall.
- The integrated Connection Monitor will automatically detect when a connectivity fix is needed and will repair Internet connection problems.
- Provides detailed information about your network connection, such as network type, speed, name, IP address and more.
- Limited functionality in the free version.
- Doesn’t provide the information about the changes and tweaks it applies to the system.
5. TCP Optimizer
Although TCP Optimizer is primarily a tool to tweak Internet connection speed, it also has a couple of options to fix Winsock and TCP/IP stack.
- An easy to use program with an intuitive interface.
- Aids both the novice and the advanced users in tweaking TCP/IP parameters. It makes use of some of the most advanced algorithms for this.
- It allows you to easily reset Winsock and TCP/IP.
- TCP Optimizer requires no installation and is portable. Feel free to carry it around on a flash drive.
- It is lightweight and uses fewer system resources.
- Its many settings, though easily changed, could cause serious system slowdowns if improperly altered.
Is It Helpful?
Did the above tools help you fix your Internet connection?
Which repair tool did you really like?
Share your thoughts with us from the comments section below.