- Windows, by default, is not optimized for your particular Internet connection, and this prevents you from getting the maximum upload/download speeds.
- An Internet Booster/Internet Accelerator software analyzes your current network settings and optimizes it diligently to provide the best possible speed.
- In our test lab here at Electrons, we evaluated all the freely available Internet booster software to find which among them is the best!
5 Free Internet Booster Software To Speed Up Your Browsing
How We Tested? We assessed each free Internet booster software for its network speed-up capability, features, and ease of use on our test system running Windows 10. After an extensive trial and error process, we came up with this top free Internet boosters list for Windows to download.
OS Compatibility – Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Important! Create a System Restore point before you start using any of the following tools so that you can easily undo any fixes, if necessary.
1. SG TCP Optimizer
TCP Optimizer is the best Internet booster software that gave fantastic speed results out of all that we tried. It has been downloaded by over 10 million people worldwide to date.
- It works with all types of Internet connections, including dialup, cable, DSL, satellite, and anything in between.
- No installation is required. It is a portable tool. Just download and run as administrator.
- Using it is simple. Launch the application, set your Internet connection speed at the top by moving the slider. Then, choose your Network Adapter from the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose the “Optimal” radio-button near the program’s bottom and click “Apply changes.” Reboot your system when prompted.
- The “Optimal” settings option uses advanced algorithms to precisely calculate the best networking settings for your system.
- If you decide to go “Custom,” a very generous number of options will become available for selection. However, this is best advised for advanced users only.
- In case the tweaks don’t work or rather mess up your system, it’s easy to restore to your original settings.
- TCP Optimizer does work and very well in 99% of all Windows systems. It can boost Internet speed by 1.2 to 1.7X at no additional cost to you.
- Beginners can be a little intimidated looking at a large number of settings.
- One needs to be careful as choosing any incorrect settings may result in reduced speed or mess up the network.
2. Ashampoo Internet Accelerator
It is an easy-to-use Internet accelerator software that provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection.
- Ashampoo Internet Accelerator analyzes and optimizes all the relevant Internet settings with a single click.
- You don’t need to know anything, just select the ‘Automatic’ option from the left sidebar and click on the ‘Start’ button at the bottom of the window. Reboot when prompted.
- The advanced users can access all the individual settings and adjust them manually too.
- It has an Internet Cleaner to remove all your surfing trails and keep your privacy intact.
- Can check the hosts files and prevent any spyware from redirecting you to malicious websites.
- It comes with settings to specifically configure Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers.
- Includes an Internet speed test tool so you can test to see the improved performance.
- There isn’t support for more browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, Edge, and more.
- The software is not free and is valued at $19.99. However, for a limited period, you can register online with your email address and get a free activation code for the full version.
3. Pointstone Internet Accelerator
PointStone Internet Accelerator is designed to tweak your system network settings to get the best out of your connection.
- All you need to do is download and install this Internet booster program on your Windows PC.
- Launch it, select your Internet connection type from the list and click the ‘Accelerate’ button.
- You will be prompted to reboot your computer after changing the settings in order for them to take effect.
- The optimization process includes a quick analysis of the current network settings, followed by an attempt to tweak it to output a better speed.
- More complex options are made available via the ‘Advanced’ section, where you can manually tweak many network settings.
- Restoring the network settings to its initial state is also possible.
- The user interface looks outdated and needs an overhaul. The automatic network optimizing function needs improvement.
4. Auslogics BoostSpeed Free
BoostSpeed is an impressive PC optimization utility that can give your computer a noticeable speed boost.
- 1-click approach to scan, clean, repair, and optimize your Windows PC.
- It works with all kinds of Internet connection types and browsers.
- It can completely optimize every network setting within Windows and every program that uses your online connection.
- BoostSpeed ensures smooth browsing, faster downloads, and better audio/video call quality.
- Includes privacy tools to eliminate traces of your activity and safeguard your personal data.
- Beginners will find it easy to use this free Internet speed booster.
- It has no options for manually tweaking Internet connection settings.
- Many features are limited in the free version. Attempts to install unwanted programs. You can skip it by selecting the “Custom” installation option.
5. SpeedConnect Internet Accelerator
It is a nifty Windows network optimizer software designed to optimize and speed up your Internet connection.
- SpeedConnect Internet Accelerator is easy to use. Just download and install the program to start using it.
- It offers a fully automatic mode that detects your current settings and applies the optimized values in the click of a button.
- Also, it has options for advanced users to tweak a variety of parameters manually.
- Optimization is applied to several network parameters to prevent data fragmentation and to improve data throughput.
- It works with all sorts of Internet connections, including dial-up, wireless, LAN, cable, and others.
- Furthermore, it provides additional network-related tools to get the best out of your network.
- The free version of this Internet booster software is severely limited in its functions. The user interface can be more modern.
Pro Tip (Recommended):
A DNS or domain name system is like the Internet’s address book.
When you type an address (e.g., www.google.com) into your browser, your computer uses the DNS to look up and translate that into a computer-friendly IP address.
By default, you use your service provider’s assigned DNS servers. These are unlikely to be the fastest available to you.
A better choice is to use DNS servers provided by Cloudflare (126.96.36.199) or Google (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206).
This simple change of DNS will noticeably boost your Internet connection speed.
Start Accelerating Your Internet
Whether it’s surfing the web, chatting with friends, downloading files, or streaming the latest videos, we all need faster Internet speeds.
An Internet Booster/Accelerator software seems to be worth a shot, especially that it sports so many advanced settings that could eventually pay off if tweaked right.