- The regular Windows uninstall can leave behind certain files and registry entries.
- A good Uninstaller program not only uninstalls a software but also performs a deep scan to remove the leftovers, automatically.
- We comprehensively tested several free Uninstallers. IObit Uninstaller topped the list.
5 Best Uninstaller Software
How We Tested? We evaluated each free Software Uninstaller for ease of use, functionality and capability on our test system running Windows 10. We then obtained data from trusted sources to come up with the top free software uninstaller list.
1. IObit Uninstaller
If you’re looking for a well-designed and powerful software uninstaller, IObit is an excellent choice.
- Uninstalls any software easily and quickly. Scans for leftovers and removes them.
- Can also remove unwanted toolbars, browser extensions & plug-ins.
- Visually appealing user interface made for casual and power users alike.
- Lists programs that you infrequently use, as well as programs that take up a large chunk on your hard disk.
- Force Uninstall option can remove those programs that were unable to be uninstalled by normal means.
- See which of your installed programs could be updated to a newer version in the Software Updater section.
- Can create a System Restore point before making any changes.
- The installer tries to add other programs during setup.
- Shows ads at times.
2. BC Uninstaller
BC Uninstaller or Bulk Crap Uninstaller is designed to ease the process of uninstalling a large number of programs using advanced automation.
- Uninstall any number of applications in a single go. Removes all leftovers.
- Can detect and uninstall hidden programs.
- Features advanced grouping, sorting, filtering and searching functions.
- Analyzes installed software certificates and displays color-coded entries. Also provides ratings.
- Has large configuration options.
- It is fully portable and open source. Modify it to suit your needs.
- Newbies might feel this free uninstaller tool to be a little overwhelming.
- The user interface needs more polishing.
3. Wise Program Uninstaller
Safely uninstall applications and make sure they leave no traces on your computer with Wise Program Uninstaller for Windows.
- It has multiple uninstall methods like Safe Uninstall and Force Uninstall.
- The built-in scan engine can scan and delete all the leftover files and registries.
- Typically offers a repair option for faulty installations.
- The interface is user-friendly.
- Provides ratings for the installed applications.
- CPU and RAM consumption remains minimal.
- Shows advertisement popups at times.
- Doesn’t create a system restore point before removing software.
- Batch uninstalls not supported.
4. Geek Uninstaller
Geek Uninstaller is minimalistic but delivers well on both features and performance.
- Performs deep and fast scanning after uninstallation to promptly remove all leftovers.
- Comes in a slim, portable package.
- Can remove stubborn programs using Force Uninstall.
- Simple and functional user interface.
- It is a lightweight uninstaller software.
- Supports 40+ languages.
- Doesn’t support batch uninstalls.
- Geek Uninstaller doesn’t create a system restore point before uninstallation.
5. Revo Uninstaller Free
Revo Uninstaller has traditionally been one of the more popular uninstaller programs for Windows. However, a few issues have made it rank lower in our list.
- Advanced and fast algorithm can scan for leftovers and remove them.
- Offers various uninstall options.
- Hunter Mode provides a unique way to remove programs.
- Makes a restore point automatically before uninstallation.
- Includes useful free tools like startup manager, junk cleaner, privacy cleaner and more.
- No ads. The setup doesn’t try to install other unrelated programs.
- Batch removal isn’t supported.
- Interface is colorful but cluttered.
- Can’t delete partially uninstalled programs.
It’s Good To Have One!
As you keep using your computer, it is inevitable that you will keep installing and uninstalling programs from time to time.
Although Windows comes with a decent built-in uninstaller, you may want something that offers more options and works better.
The above-listed software uninstallers for Windows are reasonably good and free to download. Do give them a try.