- The regular Windows uninstall can leave behind certain files and registry entries.
- A good Uninstaller program not only uninstalls software but also performs a deep scan to remove the leftovers automatically.
- We comprehensively tested several free Uninstallers. IObit Uninstaller topped the list.
5 Best Uninstaller Software Tools
How We Tested? We evaluated each free Uninstaller Software for ease of use, functionality, and capability on our test system running Windows 10. We then obtained data from trusted sources to come up with the top free software uninstaller list.
OS Compatibility – Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
1. IObit Uninstaller
If you’re looking for well-designed and powerful uninstaller software, IObit is an excellent choice.
- Uninstalls any software easily and quickly. Scans for leftovers and removes them.
- Can remove unwanted toolbars, browser extensions & plug-ins.
- Visually appealing user interface made for casual and power users alike.
- Lists programs that you infrequently use, as well as programs that take up a large chunk of your hard disk.
- Force Uninstall option can remove those programs that were unable to be uninstalled by normal means.
- See which of your installed programs could be updated to a newer version in the Software Updater section.
- It can create a System Restore point before making any changes.
- The installer tries to add other programs during setup.
2. BC Uninstaller
BC Uninstaller or Bulk Crap Uninstaller is designed to ease the process of uninstalling a large number of programs using advanced automation.
- It can uninstall any number of applications in a single go. It removes all leftovers.
- Can detect and uninstall hidden programs.
- It features advanced grouping, sorting, filtering, and searching functions.
- BC Uninstaller analyzes installed software certificates and displays color-coded entries. It also provides ratings.
- It has large configuration options.
- Note that BC Uninstaller is a fully portable and open source program. Modify it to suit your needs.
- Newbies might feel this free uninstaller tool to be a little overwhelming. The user interface needs more polishing.
3. Wise Program Uninstaller
Safely uninstall applications and make sure they leave no traces on your computer with Wise Program Uninstaller for Windows.
- It has multiple uninstall methods like Safe Uninstall and Force Uninstall.
- The built-in scan engine can scan and delete all the leftover files and registries.
- Typically offers a repair option for faulty installations.
- The interface is intuitive and user-friendly.
- It provides ratings for the installed applications on your PC.
- CPU and RAM consumption remains minimal.
- It doesn’t create a system restore point before removing software. Batch uninstalls not supported.
4. Geek Uninstaller
Geek Uninstaller is minimalistic. But, it delivers well on both features and performance.
- Performs deep and fast scanning after uninstallation to promptly remove all leftovers.
- It comes in a slim, portable package.
- Can remove stubborn programs using the Force Uninstall option.
- It has a functional and straightforward user interface.
- The program is lightweight and doesn’t burden your system resources.
- It supports 40+ global languages.
- This free uninstaller software doesn’t support batch uninstalls.
- It doesn’t create a system restore point before the uninstallation.
5. Revo Uninstaller Free
Revo Uninstaller has traditionally been one of the more popular uninstaller programs for Windows. However, a few issues have made it rank lower on our list.
- Its advanced and fast algorithm can scan for leftovers and remove them.
- Offers various uninstall options.
- Hunter Mode provides a unique way to remove programs.
- It makes a restore point automatically before the uninstallation.
- The program includes useful free tools like startup manager, junk cleaner, privacy cleaner, and more.
- No ads. The setup doesn’t try to install other unrelated programs.
- Batch removal isn’t supported.
- The interface is colorful but cluttered. It cannot delete partially uninstalled programs.
It’s Good To Have One!
As you keep using your computer, you will inevitably keep installing and uninstalling programs from time to time.
Although Windows comes with a decent built-in uninstaller, you may want something that offers more options and works better.
The above-listed software uninstallers for Windows are reasonably good and free to download. Do give them a try.